Pak: 8 suspected militants killed in drone attacks
Islamabad: The US on Thursday stepped up its
campaign targeting al Qaeda and Taliban militants in
Pakistan`s restive northwestern tribal region as missiles from
CIA-operated drones killed eight suspected insurgents.
The latest attacks by American unmanned spy planes came a
week after a drone strike killed Badar Mansoor, a top leader
of al Qaeda in Pakistan who had earlier fought in Jammu and
A US drone targeted a car in North Waziristan tribal
region today, killing two suspected militants hours after six
suspected rebels died in another attack by an unmanned spy
The drone fired two missiles at the car near Miranshah,
the main town of the region.
This was the second drone attack in eight hours, local
In the earlier attack, a drone fired two missiles into a
house in Spalgai area, 12-km from Miranshah. Six suspected
militants were killed and seven others were injured in the
The house was destroyed, local residents said.
Members of the local Taliban faction were the target of
the attack, they said.
At least 10 suspected militants were killed when a US
drone targeted the Spalga area on February 9.
The area is dominated by the militant faction led by
commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur, whose fighters target foreign
forces across the border in Afghanistan.
Following today`s strikes, there have been eight drone
attacks this year.
The US resumed drone strikes in Pakistan`s tribal belt in
January after a two-month lull following a cross-border NATO
air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam