Pak a nuclear power without food, clothes: AQ Khan
Lahore: Pakistan is a nuclear-armed nation, but without food and clothes, disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said.
Addressing Lahore High Court Bar lawyers via telephone on the invitation of the Save Judiciary Committee to mark Yaum-e-Takbeer, Dr Khan said it was shameful that despite being a nuclear power, Pakistan extended its hand for foreign aid.
He asked the rulers to break the beggar’s bowl to let the nation live with honour and dignity, free from the slavery of others, adding that as long as Pakistan remained dependent on foreign aid, it would never be able to prevent outside intervention in its affairs and end terrorism.
Now the nation is a nuclear power, but without food and clothes, The Nation quoted Dr Khan, as saying.
He also said that the nation must trace the reason of Pakistan’s failure in achieving the objectives of making the country a nuclear power.
The nuclear scientist also noted that the rulers of Pakistan had not fulfilled the promises made to the nation, The News reported.
Dr Khan urged the rulers to mend their ways and protect national interests, so that the lost dignity of the country could be restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees