Pak a partner of terrorists killing Americans: US
Washington: A key US lawmaker has said that Pakistan is not a friend of the United States, while alleging that instead it is a "partner" of terrorist who murdered fellow Americans.
"The continued incarceration of Dr (Shakeel) Afridi by the Pakistani government should reaffirm to all Americans that Pakistan is not our friend but instead is the partner of terrorists who murder our fellow Americans," Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, chairman of House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, said yesterday.
Rohrabacher had this year introduced legislation to award Dr Afridi, the imprisoned Pak physician who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden, the Congressional Gold Medal and offered a personal relief bill to grant him US Citizenship.
"As we commemorate the monstrous crime committed against America on 9-11 and honour the brave, innocent souls lost, let us also remember an heroic figure in bringing to justice those who murdered our fellow citizens on this day eleven years ago," he said.
"As I speak, Dr Afridi, the man who risked his life to provide the intel our forces needed to locate and eliminate Osama Bin Laden, languishes in a Pakistani jail. There has been no resolution through Congress nor public efforts by the US government to support him in his hour of need," Rohrabacher said.
The Pakistani physician has been tortured, his family been attacked and he is still in a desperate situation, the US lawmaker added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot