Pak a partner of terrorists killing Americans: US
Washington: A key US lawmaker has said that Pakistan is not a friend of the United States, while alleging that instead it is a "partner" of terrorist who murdered fellow Americans.
"The continued incarceration of Dr (Shakeel) Afridi by the Pakistani government should reaffirm to all Americans that Pakistan is not our friend but instead is the partner of terrorists who murder our fellow Americans," Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, chairman of House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, said yesterday.
Rohrabacher had this year introduced legislation to award Dr Afridi, the imprisoned Pak physician who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden, the Congressional Gold Medal and offered a personal relief bill to grant him US Citizenship.
"As we commemorate the monstrous crime committed against America on 9-11 and honour the brave, innocent souls lost, let us also remember an heroic figure in bringing to justice those who murdered our fellow citizens on this day eleven years ago," he said.
"As I speak, Dr Afridi, the man who risked his life to provide the intel our forces needed to locate and eliminate Osama Bin Laden, languishes in a Pakistani jail. There has been no resolution through Congress nor public efforts by the US government to support him in his hour of need," Rohrabacher said.
The Pakistani physician has been tortured, his family been attacked and he is still in a desperate situation, the US lawmaker added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you