`Pak addicted to using militants against India`
Washington: Pakistan has an "addiction" of "playing around" with militant groups against India, a top Pentagon official has said.
"They have an addiction to playing around with militia groups to achieve certain interests, particularly vis-à-vis India. That gets them in all kinds of trouble," Michael Sheehan, Assistant Secretary of Defence for Special Operations/Low-Intensity Conflict, told lawmakers at a Congressional hearing.
Responding to questions, Sheehan said the US has been having discussion with Pakistan in this regard, but without much success.
"We`ve had these conversations with them forever about that. I don`t see that changing. I don`t see any set of talking points that`s going to be delivered by some new diplomat that`s going to change their mind," Sheehan said, adding the US has virtually "given up" in its effort to change the mindset of Pakistan with regard to India.
"It`s the way they view the world. We have to understand the way they view the world and try to work through it. But it`s not going to be easy, but I think at the end of the day we have been successful in the FATA in degrading al Qaeda over the last 10 years despite all these problems.”
"And I think that we`re going to continue to work through it and hopefully again have another 10 years of success in degrading al Qaeda`s strategic capability in the FATA and elsewhere," Sheehan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani