Pak, Afghan, Turkey plan joint military exercise
Islamabad: Officials of Pakistan,
Afghanistan and Turkey on Friday discussed the possibility of
holding a joint military exercise during a meeting held on the
sidelines of a trilateral summit in Istanbul.
Pakistan`s Director General of Military Operations Maj
Gen Javed Iqbal, Maj Gen Abdullah Rasip of Turkey and
Afghanistan`s Maj Gen Fazle Amin participated in the meeting.
The meeting also discussed various training courses
for the militaries of the three countries to improve their
skill and capabilities.
In a separate development, Pakistan`s National Defence
University hosted a two-day seminar as part of a cooperation
programme with Turkey`s War Colleges Command.
The first seminar of the series was held in Turkey in
The aim of the seminars is to broaden understanding of
armed forces institutions of the two countries while focusing
on the fast-changing global and regional environment and their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’