Pak aided Iran`s nuclear quest: AQ Khan
Washington: Pakistan helped Iran acquire the
nuclear technology with the aim to jointly emerge as a "strong
bloc" in the region to counter international pressure and
"neutralise" Israel`s power, according to disgraced scientist
"The Iranian officials would meet (suppliers) them in
Dubai. We had told the Iranians that the suppliers were very
reliable," Khan said in an interview to an Urdu Pakistani TV
channel, a copy of translated version of which was obtained by
`Secrecy News of the Federation of American Scientists`.
Noting that Tehran was interested in acquiring nuclear
technology, he said "since Iran was an important Muslim
country, we wished Iran to acquire this technology. Western
countries pressured us unfairly. If Iran succeeds in
acquiring nuclear technology, we will be a strong bloc in the
region to counter international pressure."
"Iran`s nuclear capability will neutralise Israel`s
power. We had advised Iran to contact the suppliers and
purchase equipment from them," he said, giving an insight into
Iran`s acquisition of nuclear technology.
Khan said Sri Lankan Muslims based in Dubai were suppliers
of nuclear material and equipment to Pakistan, Iran and Libya.
"Be it Libya, Iran, or Pakistan, the same suppliers were
responsible for providing the material through the same third
party in Dubai," Khan told Aaj News TV in the interview,
which was translated from Urdu by the Directorate of National
Intelligence`s Open Source Centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference