Pak aided Iran`s nuclear quest: AQ Khan
Washington: Pakistan helped Iran acquire the
nuclear technology with the aim to jointly emerge as a "strong
bloc" in the region to counter international pressure and
"neutralise" Israel`s power, according to disgraced scientist
"The Iranian officials would meet (suppliers) them in
Dubai. We had told the Iranians that the suppliers were very
reliable," Khan said in an interview to an Urdu Pakistani TV
channel, a copy of translated version of which was obtained by
`Secrecy News of the Federation of American Scientists`.
Noting that Tehran was interested in acquiring nuclear
technology, he said "since Iran was an important Muslim
country, we wished Iran to acquire this technology. Western
countries pressured us unfairly. If Iran succeeds in
acquiring nuclear technology, we will be a strong bloc in the
region to counter international pressure."
"Iran`s nuclear capability will neutralise Israel`s
power. We had advised Iran to contact the suppliers and
purchase equipment from them," he said, giving an insight into
Iran`s acquisition of nuclear technology.
Khan said Sri Lankan Muslims based in Dubai were suppliers
of nuclear material and equipment to Pakistan, Iran and Libya.
"Be it Libya, Iran, or Pakistan, the same suppliers were
responsible for providing the material through the same third
party in Dubai," Khan told Aaj News TV in the interview,
which was translated from Urdu by the Directorate of National
Intelligence`s Open Source Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid