Pak aided Iran`s nuclear quest: AQ Khan
Washington: Pakistan helped Iran acquire the
nuclear technology with the aim to jointly emerge as a "strong
bloc" in the region to counter international pressure and
"neutralise" Israel`s power, according to disgraced scientist
"The Iranian officials would meet (suppliers) them in
Dubai. We had told the Iranians that the suppliers were very
reliable," Khan said in an interview to an Urdu Pakistani TV
channel, a copy of translated version of which was obtained by
`Secrecy News of the Federation of American Scientists`.
Noting that Tehran was interested in acquiring nuclear
technology, he said "since Iran was an important Muslim
country, we wished Iran to acquire this technology. Western
countries pressured us unfairly. If Iran succeeds in
acquiring nuclear technology, we will be a strong bloc in the
region to counter international pressure."
"Iran`s nuclear capability will neutralise Israel`s
power. We had advised Iran to contact the suppliers and
purchase equipment from them," he said, giving an insight into
Iran`s acquisition of nuclear technology.
Khan said Sri Lankan Muslims based in Dubai were suppliers
of nuclear material and equipment to Pakistan, Iran and Libya.
"Be it Libya, Iran, or Pakistan, the same suppliers were
responsible for providing the material through the same third
party in Dubai," Khan told Aaj News TV in the interview,
which was translated from Urdu by the Directorate of National
Intelligence`s Open Source Centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India