Pak aided Iran`s nuclear quest: AQ Khan
Washington: Pakistan helped Iran acquire the
nuclear technology with the aim to jointly emerge as a "strong
bloc" in the region to counter international pressure and
"neutralise" Israel`s power, according to disgraced scientist
"The Iranian officials would meet (suppliers) them in
Dubai. We had told the Iranians that the suppliers were very
reliable," Khan said in an interview to an Urdu Pakistani TV
channel, a copy of translated version of which was obtained by
`Secrecy News of the Federation of American Scientists`.
Noting that Tehran was interested in acquiring nuclear
technology, he said "since Iran was an important Muslim
country, we wished Iran to acquire this technology. Western
countries pressured us unfairly. If Iran succeeds in
acquiring nuclear technology, we will be a strong bloc in the
region to counter international pressure."
"Iran`s nuclear capability will neutralise Israel`s
power. We had advised Iran to contact the suppliers and
purchase equipment from them," he said, giving an insight into
Iran`s acquisition of nuclear technology.
Khan said Sri Lankan Muslims based in Dubai were suppliers
of nuclear material and equipment to Pakistan, Iran and Libya.
"Be it Libya, Iran, or Pakistan, the same suppliers were
responsible for providing the material through the same third
party in Dubai," Khan told Aaj News TV in the interview,
which was translated from Urdu by the Directorate of National
Intelligence`s Open Source Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video