Pak air base attack: ‘No question of security failure`
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Defence Minister Naveed Qamar has said that the minimum loss of life and the elimination of terrorists at the Minhas airbase in Kamra showed that there was no question of a security failure.
Qamar said the militants took advantage of one of the most revered Ramazan nights to attack the airbase, reports The Dawn.
Moreover, he said that no militants were captured alive and that all had been killed in the operation.
He further said that eight to nine militants had been killed during the operation, adding that, a security official had also been killed.
"Security measures can be taken to a certain extent. It could not be said with certainty that foreign elements were involved in the attack," he said.
Furthermore, he said that the government would consider relocating the airbase as its situation in an urban area could have led to security issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch