Pak air base attack: ‘No question of security failure`
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Defence Minister Naveed Qamar has said that the minimum loss of life and the elimination of terrorists at the Minhas airbase in Kamra showed that there was no question of a security failure.
Qamar said the militants took advantage of one of the most revered Ramazan nights to attack the airbase, reports The Dawn.
Moreover, he said that no militants were captured alive and that all had been killed in the operation.
He further said that eight to nine militants had been killed during the operation, adding that, a security official had also been killed.
"Security measures can be taken to a certain extent. It could not be said with certainty that foreign elements were involved in the attack," he said.
Furthermore, he said that the government would consider relocating the airbase as its situation in an urban area could have led to security issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes