‘Pak Air Force capable of responding to any threat with full force’
Karachi: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is capable of responding to any threat with full force, PAF chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has said.
Addressing the closing ceremony of the triennial command-level exercise code named ‘Saffron Bandit 2009-10’, Suleman said the PAF is all ready to answer any misadventure against the country.
He said the PAF has played a major role in Pakistan’s anti-terrorism efforts due to which the collateral damage on the ground has reduced considerably.
“PAF’s combat training methodology has made a significant difference in our national counter terrorism effort. Its active participation has resulted in success for the Pakistan Army with fewer casualties of our soldiers and importantly minimum collateral damage on the ground,” The Daily Times quoted Suleman, as saying.
The Air Chief said regional volatility could lead to contingencies emanating in a short span of time.
“Our preparations and response therefore has to be timely, precise and effect-based,” Suleman said.
“Our regional environment demands an ever vigilant role for the PAF. Besides the traditional threat, we are required to deal with the menace of terrorism for quite some time now,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS