Pak Air Force Chief meets Lankan President
Colombo: President Mahinda Rajapaksa has thanked Pakistan for protecting the Sri Lankan cricket players by its "timely action" during the terror attack in Lahore in March this year.
This was conveyed to visiting Pakistani Air Force Chief Rao Qamar Suleman by Rajapaksa during a meeting yesterday in the President`s House in Kandy, located 115 km
northeast of Colombo.
The Pakistan Air Force commander is on a seven-day official visit to Sri Lanka.
"The President (Rajapaksa) thanked Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, for the timely action taken by the Pakistani Air Force when the Sri Lankan Cricket team was attacked in Lahore," the Defence Ministry said in statement.
Earlier, Suleman met his Sri Lankan counterpart Air Chief Marshal Roshan Gunatilake last evening. The meeting took place at the Air Force Headquarters here after a guard of honour was given to the Pakistani Air Chief.
Suleman also made a courtesy call to Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa. The two held brief discussions on issues pertaining to security of both the countries, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin