Pak air strikes kills several militants in N Waziristan
Islamabad: Several militants were killed on Sunday in Pakistani military`s ongoing offensive against local and foreign fighters in North Waziristan.
The early morning attacks were launched in Mirali area.
Military said the jets targeted terrorist hideouts and cache of arms and ammunition.
"Five terrorist hideouts were destroyed and a number of terrorists killed," according to the statement.
It was the second attack in Mirali in as many days. At least 13 militants were killed in attacks yesterday.
More than 400 militants have been killed by the army since start of North Waziristan operation on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...