Pak airline sacks its most expensive employee
Islamabad: Pakistan`s national carrier Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has ended the contract of its most expensive employee who was drawing USD 50,000 a month, a media report said.
Deputy managing director, Salim Sayani, who was appointed in 2009, was drawing USD 50,000 a month, reported Dawn.
"On the directives of the National Assembly Standing Committee for Defence and Ministry of Defence; the PIA Board of Directors has cancelled the contract of Salim Sayani working as deputy managing director PIA," the media report cited a press release as saying.
All is not well with PIA and President Asif Ali Zardari had in October last year called for implementation of a reform plan to tone it up. The plan called for arresting rising liabilities, stemming general decline and converting PIA into a profitable organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi