`Pak airlines’ officers sexually harassing pilots`
Lahore: A woman pilot of the Pakistan International Airlines has accused senior officers of the state-run carrier of "sexually harassing" female subordinates and co-workers.
Captain Riffat Haee alleged senior officers of the PIA used to harass female pilots and other workers.
The female workers faced problems like withholding of promotion and even demotion if they refused to fulfil the "demands" of such officers, she further alleged.
She pointed out that she had complained to the PIA`s standing committee on women`s development but no action had been taken so far.
Acting on a petition filed by Haee, the Lahore High Court yesterday sought a response to her allegations from PIA`s managing director and other authorities.
The court, after hearing initial arguments in the case, issued notices to the managing director and other respondents and directed them to file their replies within two weeks.
Haee asked the court to take action against PIA officers responsible for harassing their female colleagues under a law against sexual harassment of women at workplaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary