`Pak airlines’ officers sexually harassing pilots`
Lahore: A woman pilot of the Pakistan International Airlines has accused senior officers of the state-run carrier of "sexually harassing" female subordinates and co-workers.
Captain Riffat Haee alleged senior officers of the PIA used to harass female pilots and other workers.
The female workers faced problems like withholding of promotion and even demotion if they refused to fulfil the "demands" of such officers, she further alleged.
She pointed out that she had complained to the PIA`s standing committee on women`s development but no action had been taken so far.
Acting on a petition filed by Haee, the Lahore High Court yesterday sought a response to her allegations from PIA`s managing director and other authorities.
The court, after hearing initial arguments in the case, issued notices to the managing director and other respondents and directed them to file their replies within two weeks.
Haee asked the court to take action against PIA officers responsible for harassing their female colleagues under a law against sexual harassment of women at workplaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj