`Pak airlines’ officers sexually harassing pilots`
Lahore: A woman pilot of the Pakistan International Airlines has accused senior officers of the state-run carrier of "sexually harassing" female subordinates and co-workers.
Captain Riffat Haee alleged senior officers of the PIA used to harass female pilots and other workers.
The female workers faced problems like withholding of promotion and even demotion if they refused to fulfil the "demands" of such officers, she further alleged.
She pointed out that she had complained to the PIA`s standing committee on women`s development but no action had been taken so far.
Acting on a petition filed by Haee, the Lahore High Court yesterday sought a response to her allegations from PIA`s managing director and other authorities.
The court, after hearing initial arguments in the case, issued notices to the managing director and other respondents and directed them to file their replies within two weeks.
Haee asked the court to take action against PIA officers responsible for harassing their female colleagues under a law against sexual harassment of women at workplaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'