Pak and India cannot afford another war: Gilani
Islamabad: Asserting that Pakistan and
India cannot afford another war, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani on Tuesday said his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh is a
"sensible and sane" person who wants the two countries to
resolve their important issues.
Gilani made the remarks during an interaction with
senior government officials participating in the National
Speaking highly of the Indian Prime Minister`s
intentions to have good relations with Pakistan, Gilani said
Singh had said several times during their meetings that he
wanted to do "something really positive" for both countries.
He said Singh, who hailed from Punjab, was highly
desirous of resolving important issues, including Kashmir,
Siachen and Sir Creek.
Singh had shown a commitment to improve relations
between the South Asian neighbours and said the Kashmir issue
can be resolved diplomatically, he said.
Singh had also said several times during their
meetings that he wanted to fight the common enemies like
poverty, hunger and unemployment, Gilani said.
Gilani noted that he had officially met Singh four
times in Colombo in 2008, in Sharm-el-Sheikh in 2009, in
Bhutan in 2010 and at Mohali in India last month.
He said they had also met unofficially on several
Speaking about the wave of terrorism in Pakistan,
Gilani said terrorists were getting their "instructions from a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections