Pak and India cannot afford another war: Gilani
Islamabad: Asserting that Pakistan and
India cannot afford another war, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani on Tuesday said his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh is a
"sensible and sane" person who wants the two countries to
resolve their important issues.
Gilani made the remarks during an interaction with
senior government officials participating in the National
Speaking highly of the Indian Prime Minister`s
intentions to have good relations with Pakistan, Gilani said
Singh had said several times during their meetings that he
wanted to do "something really positive" for both countries.
He said Singh, who hailed from Punjab, was highly
desirous of resolving important issues, including Kashmir,
Siachen and Sir Creek.
Singh had shown a commitment to improve relations
between the South Asian neighbours and said the Kashmir issue
can be resolved diplomatically, he said.
Singh had also said several times during their
meetings that he wanted to fight the common enemies like
poverty, hunger and unemployment, Gilani said.
Gilani noted that he had officially met Singh four
times in Colombo in 2008, in Sharm-el-Sheikh in 2009, in
Bhutan in 2010 and at Mohali in India last month.
He said they had also met unofficially on several
Speaking about the wave of terrorism in Pakistan,
Gilani said terrorists were getting their "instructions from a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj