Pak announces reward for information on terrorists
Islamabad: Pakistan on Saturday announced a
reward of Rs 1 crore to anyone who provides information on
would-be suicide bombers and their handlers or any facility
where suicide vests are made, a day after foiling an attempt
to attack the Parliament.
"If any suicide bomber or any handler or any place
where suicide jackets are made comes to your notice, we will
give a reward of Rs 1 crore to persons who provide such
information," Interior Minister Rehman Malik said while
interacting with journalists at the headquarters of the
Federal Investigation Agency.
If any persons providing such information faced a
threat to their lives, the government would change their
identity and relocate them to any part of Pakistan of their
choice and give them employment, he said.
"If they feel they are facing a serious threat, we can
even change their identity and send them abroad," Malik said.
Malik made the announcement a day after police
arrested two terrorists in Islamabad with suicide jackets and
The Interior Minister said the arrested terrorists
were tasked to carry out suicide attacks on parliament, key
government buildings and a mosque.
"We have broken the back of the Taliban and they are
on the run," he said.
The desperate militants were engaging in terrorist
activities against innocent people in mosques, shrines and
public places, he said.
Malik expressed the government’s resolve to wipe out
the Taliban from the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors