Pak announces Rs 200 million for Tehrik-e-Taliban
Islamabad: Pakistan Tuesday announced a reward of Rs 200 million for anyone who provides information on the whereabouts of Tehrik-e-Taliban spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan.
Talking to reporters in Islamabad, Interior Minister Rehman Malik claimed Ihsan was working for "foreign elements" and said he would soon reveal all details about the Taliban spokesman.
Ihsan regularly contacts reporters in northwest Pakistan on phone and sends emails to Pakistani and foreign media outlets to claim responsibility for terror attacks or to clarify the group`s position on issues.
In the recent past, Ihsan claimed responsibility for the attempt on the life of teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai.
He also issued a warning that the Taliban would target Indians in retaliation for the execution of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Yesterday, Ihsan rejected Malik`s offer of an amnesty for all militants who laid down their weapons and joined peace talks, saying the Taliban would continue to target Pakistan`s "secular rulers".
During his interaction with reporters, Malik further claimed that the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is a divided organisation and now consisted of several groups, including factions led by Waliur Rehman and Hakimullah Mehsud.
Referring to Taliban?s plan to enforce Shariah, Malik questioned whether the militants wanted to legitimise the killing of civilians and suicide bombings.
He contended that the militants were defaming Islam and Shariah for money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof