Pak announces Rs 200 million for Tehrik-e-Taliban
Islamabad: Pakistan Tuesday announced a reward of Rs 200 million for anyone who provides information on the whereabouts of Tehrik-e-Taliban spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan.
Talking to reporters in Islamabad, Interior Minister Rehman Malik claimed Ihsan was working for "foreign elements" and said he would soon reveal all details about the Taliban spokesman.
Ihsan regularly contacts reporters in northwest Pakistan on phone and sends emails to Pakistani and foreign media outlets to claim responsibility for terror attacks or to clarify the group`s position on issues.
In the recent past, Ihsan claimed responsibility for the attempt on the life of teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai.
He also issued a warning that the Taliban would target Indians in retaliation for the execution of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Yesterday, Ihsan rejected Malik`s offer of an amnesty for all militants who laid down their weapons and joined peace talks, saying the Taliban would continue to target Pakistan`s "secular rulers".
During his interaction with reporters, Malik further claimed that the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is a divided organisation and now consisted of several groups, including factions led by Waliur Rehman and Hakimullah Mehsud.
Referring to Taliban?s plan to enforce Shariah, Malik questioned whether the militants wanted to legitimise the killing of civilians and suicide bombings.
He contended that the militants were defaming Islam and Shariah for money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi