Lahore: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court which is conducting the trial of seven accused allegedly involved in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks today adjourned the hearing till December 10 as the judge went on leave.
"The hearing of the case could not be held today as Anti-Terrorism Court, Islamabad, Judge Kausar Abbas Zaidi did not turn up as 'he was not well'. The court office adjourned the hearing till December 10," a court official said.
In the last hearing on November 19, three witnesses had testified in connection with identification of two of the accused, bank transactions and a Jamaat-ud-Dawah centre in Sindh province.
A schoolteacher of Multan district of Punjab province, some 350 kilometres from Lahore, presented the school record of Babar, one of the 10 attackers of the Mumbai carnage in November, 2008.
Nine attackers were killed in the shootout with police while Ajmal Kasab was caught alive.
A government hospital doctor had already presented the DNA samples of Shahabuddin, who is said to be the father of Babar.
An Election Commission of Pakistan official had also submitted the voters' list of Multan district, in which the names of Shahabuddin and his family members were enlisted.
A bank officer of Multan presented a Rs 81,000 transaction record?made by one of the seven accused here, Younus Anjum.
The third witness was a security guard of a JuD centre in Badin, Sindh province who testified to details.
LeT operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younis Anjum have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks in India's financial capital that killed 166 people.