Pak apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court Monday suspended the Senate membership of Interior Minister Rehman Malik for holding dual nationality, a media report said.
A three-member bench of the Supreme Court, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, heard the case of Malik holding dual nationality of Britain and Pakistan, reported Geo News.
Malik said he had forfeited his British citizenship but he failed to provide sufficient documents to the apex court.
The apex court had earlier suspended the National Assembly membership of Pakistan Peoples Party lawmaker Farahnaz Ispahani, and has issued notice to Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh in a similar case.
A fresh petition submitted Monday named 14 other parliamentarians and members of provincial assemblies who, it claimed, held dual nationalities. The lawmakers have been issued notices by the court.
The court adjourned the hearing till June 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you