Pak Army Chief calls for national consensus on countering terrorism
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Army Chief, General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, has urged the nation to arrive at a consensus on resolving ways to counter terrorism.
While addressing the military academy in Kakul, General Kayani said the nation should form a consensus with government institutions on one solution to terrorism and fulfill the responsibility towards maintaining their right of freedom.
The Express Tribune quoted General Kayani as further saying that the country is facing several external and internal challenges, and that the issue of terrorism required special attention as it is a threat to Pakistan`s territorial sanctity.
General Kayani urged the nation`s citizens to rise above their ethnic, religious and linguistic differences and take a firm decision to remove the fear of terror from the country.
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule
- Who raped and murdered Jisha in Kerala? Here are a few theories
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- PM Narendra Modi unhappy with BJP lawmakers for not using social media, appoints tutors