Pak army chief meets Zardari, Gilani
Islamabad: Pakistan`s powerful army chief
Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Thursday called on President Asif Ali
Zardari and Premier Yousuf Raza Gilani and discussed with them
the overall security situation in the country, ahead of
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s meeting with the two
Kayani discussed with Zardari the security situation in
the country and operational matters of the army, an official
The army chief also went to the Prime Minister`s
Secretariat, where Kayani and Gilani discussed the overall
security situation in the country.
Besides, Kayani briefed the Premier on his recent visit
Kayani called on Zardari and Gilani ahead of Krishna`s
meeting with the two leaders.
The External Affairs Minister, who is here on a three-day
visit, held lengthy talks with his Pakistani counterpart Shah
Mahmood Qureshi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption