Pak army chief meets Zardari, Gilani
Islamabad: Pakistan`s powerful army chief
Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Thursday called on President Asif Ali
Zardari and Premier Yousuf Raza Gilani and discussed with them
the overall security situation in the country, ahead of
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s meeting with the two
Kayani discussed with Zardari the security situation in
the country and operational matters of the army, an official
The army chief also went to the Prime Minister`s
Secretariat, where Kayani and Gilani discussed the overall
security situation in the country.
Besides, Kayani briefed the Premier on his recent visit
Kayani called on Zardari and Gilani ahead of Krishna`s
meeting with the two leaders.
The External Affairs Minister, who is here on a three-day
visit, held lengthy talks with his Pakistani counterpart Shah
Mahmood Qureshi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre