Pak Army denies cross LoC attack
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Tuesday rejected the Indian charge that it had launched an "unprovoked" attack across the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir and killed two Indian soldiers.
"We deny the Indian allegation of unprovoked firing," a military spokesman said in a brief reaction carried by news agencies.
The Indian account was "propaganda" to divert the attention of the world from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post, he said.
Earlier, the Indian Defence Ministry termed the killing of two of its soldiers by Pakistan Army as a "provocative action" and said the matter will be taken up with Islamabad.
"The Government of India considers the incident as a provocative action and we condemn it. Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of the two countries are in touch over it.
"We expect Islamabad to honour the ceasefire agreement strictly," the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
In a gruesome attack, Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir today and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video