Pak Army denies cross LoC attack
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Tuesday rejected the Indian charge that it had launched an "unprovoked" attack across the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir and killed two Indian soldiers.
"We deny the Indian allegation of unprovoked firing," a military spokesman said in a brief reaction carried by news agencies.
The Indian account was "propaganda" to divert the attention of the world from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post, he said.
Earlier, the Indian Defence Ministry termed the killing of two of its soldiers by Pakistan Army as a "provocative action" and said the matter will be taken up with Islamabad.
"The Government of India considers the incident as a provocative action and we condemn it. Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of the two countries are in touch over it.
"We expect Islamabad to honour the ceasefire agreement strictly," the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
In a gruesome attack, Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir today and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!