Pak Army denies cross LoC attack
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Tuesday rejected the Indian charge that it had launched an "unprovoked" attack across the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir and killed two Indian soldiers.
"We deny the Indian allegation of unprovoked firing," a military spokesman said in a brief reaction carried by news agencies.
The Indian account was "propaganda" to divert the attention of the world from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post, he said.
Earlier, the Indian Defence Ministry termed the killing of two of its soldiers by Pakistan Army as a "provocative action" and said the matter will be taken up with Islamabad.
"The Government of India considers the incident as a provocative action and we condemn it. Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of the two countries are in touch over it.
"We expect Islamabad to honour the ceasefire agreement strictly," the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
In a gruesome attack, Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir today and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand