`Pak Army has no reservations over dialogue with Taliban`
Islamabad: The Pakistani Army has no reservations or danger from dialogue with the Taliban, Corps Commander Peshawar Lt General Khalid Rabbani has said, adding that a decision in this connection has to be taken by the government.
The Nation quoted Rabbani, as saying that except for a few areas of Khyber Agency and North Waziristan, peace has been restored in FATA.
He further said it was up to the government to decide about operation or dialogue in North Waziristan. He, however, clarified that so far there had been no military action in the agency.
Commenting on the situation in Swat, Rabbani said peace has been restored in Swat due to the sacrifices of local people and the Pakistan Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS