Pak army helicopter crashes, 2 injured
Lahore: Two military personnel were injured when a small army helicopter crashed in a field in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Friday, police said.
The helicopter crashed at Wazirabad in Gujranwala district, 100 km from Lahore, this afternoon.
The pilot and co-pilot suffered injuries when they reportedly jumped out of the helicopter shortly before it hit the ground.
Reports said the two-seat helicopter was on a routine training flight from an army post in Wazirabad and the pilot lost control when it developed a fault.
Local residents took the army personnel to a nearby hospital, from where they were shifted to a military hospital in Gujranwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez