Pak Army officers arrested for collaborating with terrorists: Malik
Lahore: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that officers of the rank of Major, who wanted to target Army Generals and elements in the intelligence agencies sympathetic towards terrorists, have been arrested.
There have been some elements in the intelligence agencies who have had links with terrorists, including Baithullah Mehsud, Qari Ilyas and Qari Hussain and with banned organisations, Malik told a private TV channel on Monday.
Replying to a question, he said South Waziristan had become a hub of anti-state activities and terrorists from various areas, including Hangu, Bajaur and Mohmand agencies, were operating against security forces.
Malik said he would bring the culprits behind Benazir Bhutto’s murder to justice.
He said terrorists were responsible for the current economic and law and order situation, the Daily Times reported.
Malik said the Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad supported the Taliban and al Qaeda in destabilising the country, adding that all madrassas were not involved in illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future