Pak Army officers arrested for collaborating with terrorists: Malik
Lahore: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that officers of the rank of Major, who wanted to target Army Generals and elements in the intelligence agencies sympathetic towards terrorists, have been arrested.
There have been some elements in the intelligence agencies who have had links with terrorists, including Baithullah Mehsud, Qari Ilyas and Qari Hussain and with banned organisations, Malik told a private TV channel on Monday.
Replying to a question, he said South Waziristan had become a hub of anti-state activities and terrorists from various areas, including Hangu, Bajaur and Mohmand agencies, were operating against security forces.
Malik said he would bring the culprits behind Benazir Bhutto’s murder to justice.
He said terrorists were responsible for the current economic and law and order situation, the Daily Times reported.
Malik said the Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad supported the Taliban and al Qaeda in destabilising the country, adding that all madrassas were not involved in illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog