Pak Army officers arrested for collaborating with terrorists: Malik
Lahore: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that officers of the rank of Major, who wanted to target Army Generals and elements in the intelligence agencies sympathetic towards terrorists, have been arrested.
There have been some elements in the intelligence agencies who have had links with terrorists, including Baithullah Mehsud, Qari Ilyas and Qari Hussain and with banned organisations, Malik told a private TV channel on Monday.
Replying to a question, he said South Waziristan had become a hub of anti-state activities and terrorists from various areas, including Hangu, Bajaur and Mohmand agencies, were operating against security forces.
Malik said he would bring the culprits behind Benazir Bhutto’s murder to justice.
He said terrorists were responsible for the current economic and law and order situation, the Daily Times reported.
Malik said the Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad supported the Taliban and al Qaeda in destabilising the country, adding that all madrassas were not involved in illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days