Pak: Army officers discuss security situation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top Army officers met at Pakistan`s garrison city of Rawalpindi to discuss the security situation in the country.
The 140th Corps Commanders` Conference was held at the Army General Headquarters on Tuesday.
Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani chaired the meeting, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The Army officers were briefed about the security situation in the country in general and ongoing operations in Kurram and Mohmand agencies in particular.
Matters of operational preparedness were also discussed at the meeting.
General Kayani, while referring to the Army operations against terror in Mohmand Agency, said that all efforts must be made for coordination with civil administration for safe return internally displaced people.
The officers at the meeting resolved to fight the menace of terrorism in national interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Nissan creates GT-R Drone to match the updated 2017 GT-R
- Neighbouring country trying to destabilise India: Rajnath
- Mahindra First Choice Services enter West Bengal
- Brexit shock: Tata Motors' stock nosedives; JLR discounts any worries