Pak: Army officers discuss security situation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top Army officers met at Pakistan`s garrison city of Rawalpindi to discuss the security situation in the country.
The 140th Corps Commanders` Conference was held at the Army General Headquarters on Tuesday.
Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani chaired the meeting, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The Army officers were briefed about the security situation in the country in general and ongoing operations in Kurram and Mohmand agencies in particular.
Matters of operational preparedness were also discussed at the meeting.
General Kayani, while referring to the Army operations against terror in Mohmand Agency, said that all efforts must be made for coordination with civil administration for safe return internally displaced people.
The officers at the meeting resolved to fight the menace of terrorism in national interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!