Pak: Army officers discuss security situation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top Army officers met at Pakistan`s garrison city of Rawalpindi to discuss the security situation in the country.
The 140th Corps Commanders` Conference was held at the Army General Headquarters on Tuesday.
Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani chaired the meeting, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The Army officers were briefed about the security situation in the country in general and ongoing operations in Kurram and Mohmand agencies in particular.
Matters of operational preparedness were also discussed at the meeting.
General Kayani, while referring to the Army operations against terror in Mohmand Agency, said that all efforts must be made for coordination with civil administration for safe return internally displaced people.
The officers at the meeting resolved to fight the menace of terrorism in national interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog