Pak: Army officers discuss security situation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top Army officers met at Pakistan`s garrison city of Rawalpindi to discuss the security situation in the country.
The 140th Corps Commanders` Conference was held at the Army General Headquarters on Tuesday.
Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani chaired the meeting, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The Army officers were briefed about the security situation in the country in general and ongoing operations in Kurram and Mohmand agencies in particular.
Matters of operational preparedness were also discussed at the meeting.
General Kayani, while referring to the Army operations against terror in Mohmand Agency, said that all efforts must be made for coordination with civil administration for safe return internally displaced people.
The officers at the meeting resolved to fight the menace of terrorism in national interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing