`Pak Army restless over treatment meted to Musharraf`
Islamabad: Pakistan`s armed forces are turning restless on the treatment being meted out to Pervez Musharraf, according to the former army chief`s counsel.
Counsel Ahmed Raza Qasuri said many ex-servicemen had condemned the situation during a meeting with him. He said the trial should not be confined to Musharraf only, but all those who abetted in violating the constitution should also be brought to justice, reports the Daily Times.
Targeting Nawaz Sharif, Qasuri said that the PML-N chief was also included in the list of abettors who had helped a dictator abrogate the constitution, as he was a beneficiary of Gen Zia regime and had publicly announced to follow in his footsteps.
Furthermore, he accused the judges of taking oath under the Provisional Constitutional Order (PCO), promulgated by Musharraf. Coming hard on the judiciary, Qasuri said he had compiled a list of 150 judges who took oath under PCOs.
Musharraf returned to Pakistan last month after four years of self-imposed exile in London and Dubai to contest the May 11 parliamentary elections for his All Pakistan Muslim League party.
He was disqualified from the election race after his nomination papers from all four constituencies were rejected.
Musharraf is facing legal cases, including treason charges for imposing emergency rule, the 2007 assassination of former premier Benazir Bhutto and the killing of Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in 2006.
Musharraf, who ruled Pakistan from 1999 to 2008, denied all charges and said he would defend himself in courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe