Pak Army trying to cover up issues, claims retired-general
Islamabad: Former corps commander Lahore Lt-Gen Shahid Aziz has said that the Pakistani Army chiefs have been trying to cover up issues fearing it would defame the organisation.
Gen Aziz’s remarks came while speaking at the launch of his book ‘Yeh Khamoshi Kahan Tak’ at Islamabad Club on Saturday.
Gen Aziz, who played a role in Pervez Musharraf’s coup and also held an important post in the Army and ISI at the time of the Kargil war, said his aim to write the book was to guide the new generation.
According to the Dawn, Gen Aziz said while taking part in the coup he knew that he was violating the law.
While in service, he added, so many times he had to disagree with the decisions of his seniors and even resigned from the staff college.
He claimed that he was against the decision of following the instructions of US, but Musharraf insisted that only he could see the full picture of the situation.
He added that even today the policy of Musharraf is being followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened