Pak Army trying to cover up issues, claims retired-general
Islamabad: Former corps commander Lahore Lt-Gen Shahid Aziz has said that the Pakistani Army chiefs have been trying to cover up issues fearing it would defame the organisation.
Gen Aziz’s remarks came while speaking at the launch of his book ‘Yeh Khamoshi Kahan Tak’ at Islamabad Club on Saturday.
Gen Aziz, who played a role in Pervez Musharraf’s coup and also held an important post in the Army and ISI at the time of the Kargil war, said his aim to write the book was to guide the new generation.
According to the Dawn, Gen Aziz said while taking part in the coup he knew that he was violating the law.
While in service, he added, so many times he had to disagree with the decisions of his seniors and even resigned from the staff college.
He claimed that he was against the decision of following the instructions of US, but Musharraf insisted that only he could see the full picture of the situation.
He added that even today the policy of Musharraf is being followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral