Pak arrests 12 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have
arrested 12 Indian fishermen and seized two boats for
allegedly violating the country`s territorial waters, a
spokesman for the Maritime Security Agency said on Saturday.
The fishermen were handed to Docks Police in Karachi, the
He contended that the fishermen were found within
Pakistan`s exclusive economic zone.
India and Pakistan arrest hundreds of fishermen every
year on charges of violating their maritime boundary.
In a single sweep last month, the MSA arrested 122 Indian
fishermen and seized 23 fishing boats on charges of poaching.
The two countries have taken some steps in recent months
to expedite the release of fishermen who have completed their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch