Pak arrests 12 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have
arrested 12 Indian fishermen and seized two boats for
allegedly violating the country`s territorial waters, a
spokesman for the Maritime Security Agency said on Saturday.
The fishermen were handed to Docks Police in Karachi, the
He contended that the fishermen were found within
Pakistan`s exclusive economic zone.
India and Pakistan arrest hundreds of fishermen every
year on charges of violating their maritime boundary.
In a single sweep last month, the MSA arrested 122 Indian
fishermen and seized 23 fishing boats on charges of poaching.
The two countries have taken some steps in recent months
to expedite the release of fishermen who have completed their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress