Pak arrests 27 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized six boats for illegally entering its territorial waters, an official said today.
The Maritime Security Agency arrested the Indian fishermen yesterday while they were allegedly 40 nautical miles inside Pakistani waters, a MSA spokesman told the media.
The fishermen were handed over to police in the southern port city of Karachi today.
India and Pakistan frequently arrest each other`s fishermen on charges of violating their respective exclusive economic zones.
Pakistan has over 200 Indian fishermen in its jails and around 125 Pakistani fishermen are in Indian prisons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC