Pak arrests 27 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized six boats for illegally entering its territorial waters, an official said today.
The Maritime Security Agency arrested the Indian fishermen yesterday while they were allegedly 40 nautical miles inside Pakistani waters, a MSA spokesman told the media.
The fishermen were handed over to police in the southern port city of Karachi today.
India and Pakistan frequently arrest each other`s fishermen on charges of violating their respective exclusive economic zones.
Pakistan has over 200 Indian fishermen in its jails and around 125 Pakistani fishermen are in Indian prisons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence