Pak arrests 27 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized six boats for illegally entering its territorial waters, an official said today.
The Maritime Security Agency arrested the Indian fishermen yesterday while they were allegedly 40 nautical miles inside Pakistani waters, a MSA spokesman told the media.
The fishermen were handed over to police in the southern port city of Karachi today.
India and Pakistan frequently arrest each other`s fishermen on charges of violating their respective exclusive economic zones.
Pakistan has over 200 Indian fishermen in its jails and around 125 Pakistani fishermen are in Indian prisons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown