Pak arrests 27 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized six boats for illegally entering its territorial waters, an official said today.
The Maritime Security Agency arrested the Indian fishermen yesterday while they were allegedly 40 nautical miles inside Pakistani waters, a MSA spokesman told the media.
The fishermen were handed over to police in the southern port city of Karachi today.
India and Pakistan frequently arrest each other`s fishermen on charges of violating their respective exclusive economic zones.
Pakistan has over 200 Indian fishermen in its jails and around 125 Pakistani fishermen are in Indian prisons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!