Pak arrests 27 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized six boats for illegally entering its territorial waters, an official said today.
The Maritime Security Agency arrested the Indian fishermen yesterday while they were allegedly 40 nautical miles inside Pakistani waters, a MSA spokesman told the media.
The fishermen were handed over to police in the southern port city of Karachi today.
India and Pakistan frequently arrest each other`s fishermen on charges of violating their respective exclusive economic zones.
Pakistan has over 200 Indian fishermen in its jails and around 125 Pakistani fishermen are in Indian prisons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack