Pak asks Interpol to help nab Sikh woman`s killer
Islamabad: Authorities in Pakistan have contacted the Interpol to arrest a suspect who escaped to Germany after killing a Canadian Sikh woman, a court was told.
The Lahore High Court Monday heard that Rajvindar Kaur Gill, daughter of Sikandar Singh Gill, arrived in Lahore Aug 25, 2012, to attend a diamond exhibition. Since then her whereabouts are unknown, the Dawn reported Tuesday.
A Lahore police official earlier said that Gill was murdered and one of the accused, Hafiz Shahzad, confessed to the crime. He said the killers later threw Gill`s body in a canal on Sheikhupura Road.
A police official told the court Monday that a laptop belonging to Gill had been recovered from one of the accused involved in the murder.
He said Gill`s family identified the laptop which was sent to laboratory for data recovery.
The officer said the Interpol has been contacted for the arrest of prime suspect Shahid Ghazanfar, who escaped to Germany after killing the Sikh woman.
The petitioner`s counsel asked the court to freeze the bank accounts of Gill in Switzerland and Canada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video