Pak asks Interpol to help nab Sikh woman`s killer
Islamabad: Authorities in Pakistan have contacted the Interpol to arrest a suspect who escaped to Germany after killing a Canadian Sikh woman, a court was told.
The Lahore High Court Monday heard that Rajvindar Kaur Gill, daughter of Sikandar Singh Gill, arrived in Lahore Aug 25, 2012, to attend a diamond exhibition. Since then her whereabouts are unknown, the Dawn reported Tuesday.
A Lahore police official earlier said that Gill was murdered and one of the accused, Hafiz Shahzad, confessed to the crime. He said the killers later threw Gill`s body in a canal on Sheikhupura Road.
A police official told the court Monday that a laptop belonging to Gill had been recovered from one of the accused involved in the murder.
He said Gill`s family identified the laptop which was sent to laboratory for data recovery.
The officer said the Interpol has been contacted for the arrest of prime suspect Shahid Ghazanfar, who escaped to Germany after killing the Sikh woman.
The petitioner`s counsel asked the court to freeze the bank accounts of Gill in Switzerland and Canada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror