Pak assures US full cooperation on botched bomb plot
Islamabad: Pakistan has assured full
cooperation to the US over a Pakistani-American arrested in
connection with the failed car bombing attempt in New York
City`s Times Square, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said
"We have robust counter-terrorism cooperation with
the US and if there is a need in this case, Pakistan will
fully cooperate with the US because terrorism is a global
phenomenon," Basit said.
US officials were quoted as saying that
Pakistan-born Faisal Shahzad was arrested in connection with
the failed bombing while trying to flee the country to Dubai.
Basit said the matter was at a "preliminary stage"
and Pakistan would wait for more information to come in.
His comments came as reports said the US Ambassador
Anne Patterson met the foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi
and held discussions on the issue.
She sought Pakistan`s help in the investigation into
the incident, the channels reported.
"We have a mechanism for ongoing cooperation with the
US and if the US needs any help or cooperation in this
particular case, we will provide it," Basit said.
Pakistan has been taking all possible action against
terrorism, the spokesman told a TV news channel.
A sports utility vehicle was left in New York`s Times
Square on Saturday with a bomb made from fertiliser,
fireworks, petrol and propane gas tanks.
The bomb was discovered and dismantled before it
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16