`Pak atomic assets kept safe by 2500 security guards`
Islamabad: The atomic assets in Pakistan are absolutely safe and guarded by highly trained security force of 2500 personnel, who are equipped with modern weapons, Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar has said.
Speaking in National Assembly, Dar said the atomic assets are being guarded by Special Response Force, Special Escort Force, Marine Force, Counter Intelligence Teams and Personnel Reliability Programmes.
According to the Dawn News, speaking about measures taken for security of Strategic Assets of the country, he said Pakistan`s security programme to safeguard the assets is prepared with a great sense of responsibility.
He said the programme is protected by Strategic Forces Command and it works under a strict Regulatory Regime relating to nuclear safety including protection of material and facilities, Fissile Material Control and Accounting, steps against illegal trafficking and border controls, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack