Pak authorities arrest 2 Taliban militants
Lahore: Pakistani authorities have arrested two Taliban militants and recovered 66 grenades and nine sophisticated rifles from their possession, officials said on Saturday.
The terrorists were arrested in Sheikhupura, 40 km from Lahore, when police raided a house on the basis of a tip-off, said Assistant Superintendent of Police Haider Ashraf.
"Sixty-six grenades, nine sophisticated rifles and scores of bullets were recovered from them," he said.
During interrogation, the arrested men disclosed that they had plans to target sensitive places in Punjab province, Ashraf said.
The arrested men were alleged members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and were involved in cases of kidnapping people for ransom, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter