Pak authorities arrest 2 Taliban militants
Lahore: Pakistani authorities have arrested two Taliban militants and recovered 66 grenades and nine sophisticated rifles from their possession, officials said on Saturday.
The terrorists were arrested in Sheikhupura, 40 km from Lahore, when police raided a house on the basis of a tip-off, said Assistant Superintendent of Police Haider Ashraf.
"Sixty-six grenades, nine sophisticated rifles and scores of bullets were recovered from them," he said.
During interrogation, the arrested men disclosed that they had plans to target sensitive places in Punjab province, Ashraf said.
The arrested men were alleged members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and were involved in cases of kidnapping people for ransom, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi