Pak authorities arrest 2 Taliban militants
Lahore: Pakistani authorities have arrested two Taliban militants and recovered 66 grenades and nine sophisticated rifles from their possession, officials said on Saturday.
The terrorists were arrested in Sheikhupura, 40 km from Lahore, when police raided a house on the basis of a tip-off, said Assistant Superintendent of Police Haider Ashraf.
"Sixty-six grenades, nine sophisticated rifles and scores of bullets were recovered from them," he said.
During interrogation, the arrested men disclosed that they had plans to target sensitive places in Punjab province, Ashraf said.
The arrested men were alleged members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and were involved in cases of kidnapping people for ransom, he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale gets over in minutes; next sale on May 11