Pak authorities arrest Sri Lankan cricket team attacker
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement
agencies have arrested a terrorist for his involvement in the
attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in 2009.
Acting on a tip-off, police nabbed Adnan Khosa, also
known as Arshad or Sajjad, within the jurisdiction of Raitra
police station, Dera Ghazi Khan district police chief Tassaduq
Khosa, whose codename was "Chotu", had been included
in the police`s "Red Book", a list of high-value militants,
The arrested terrorist is a resident of Azmat Town and
an operative of the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi`s Amjad Farooqi
faction, which has committed several robberies to finance its
Khosa`s father, Qari Arshad, said his son had been
studying at the Farooq-e-Azam madrassa in Shah Saddar Din,
from where he went missing with a fellow student.
Arshad said soon after the attack on the Sri Lankan
team in Lahore, law enforcement agencies had picked up Khosa
and his elder brother but they were later released.
He said Khosa later went to Dubai.
Arshad claimed Khosa had had no contact with his
family for the past few years.
In a separate development, police arrested two
suspects in connection with an attack on a Shia procession in
Qari Mustafa and Commander Ameen were picked up from a
neighbourhood in Lahore for their alleged support to suicide
Three suicide bombers had targeted the Shia procession
on September 2 last year, killing at least 35 people and
Explosives, suicide jackets and sophisticated weapons
were recovered from the two arrested men, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’