Pak authority`s top post sees three changes in 24 hours!
Islamabad: This could well be a new record. The top post at Islamabad`s Capital Development Authority (CDA) saw three changes within 24 hours.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf Monday ordered senior officer Javed Iqbal Awan to replace the incumbent Farkhand Iqbal, Dawn reported.
A while later, he had second thoughts and chose Syed Tahir Shahbaz. Awan was reassigned to head the National Highway Authority.
Farkhand Iqbal promptly went to the Islamabad High Court to protest his removal.
The Establishment Division, which processes postings and transfer of government officers, was unruffled.
"It`s a routine decision," an officer told Dawn.
Another officer said: "It seems something really went wrong at the Prime Minister`s office. Making quick changes in filling a coveted post like CDA chairman shows weak governance and incompetence on part of the office."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand