Pak authority`s top post sees three changes in 24 hours!
Islamabad: This could well be a new record. The top post at Islamabad`s Capital Development Authority (CDA) saw three changes within 24 hours.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf Monday ordered senior officer Javed Iqbal Awan to replace the incumbent Farkhand Iqbal, Dawn reported.
A while later, he had second thoughts and chose Syed Tahir Shahbaz. Awan was reassigned to head the National Highway Authority.
Farkhand Iqbal promptly went to the Islamabad High Court to protest his removal.
The Establishment Division, which processes postings and transfer of government officers, was unruffled.
"It`s a routine decision," an officer told Dawn.
Another officer said: "It seems something really went wrong at the Prime Minister`s office. Making quick changes in filling a coveted post like CDA chairman shows weak governance and incompetence on part of the office."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves