Pak authority`s top post sees three changes in 24 hours!
Islamabad: This could well be a new record. The top post at Islamabad`s Capital Development Authority (CDA) saw three changes within 24 hours.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf Monday ordered senior officer Javed Iqbal Awan to replace the incumbent Farkhand Iqbal, Dawn reported.
A while later, he had second thoughts and chose Syed Tahir Shahbaz. Awan was reassigned to head the National Highway Authority.
Farkhand Iqbal promptly went to the Islamabad High Court to protest his removal.
The Establishment Division, which processes postings and transfer of government officers, was unruffled.
"It`s a routine decision," an officer told Dawn.
Another officer said: "It seems something really went wrong at the Prime Minister`s office. Making quick changes in filling a coveted post like CDA chairman shows weak governance and incompetence on part of the office."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety