Pak backtracks, says no Baloch dossier given to India
New Delhi: Pakistan has stated for the first time since the Singh-Gilani meeting in Egypt in July that it has not handed over a dossier on Balochistan to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"No, we didn`t. Actually, we flagged the issue on Balochistan. We asked for a positive attitude and asked for non-interference inside Balochistan," Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said in an interview to a magazine.
He was asked about claims in the Pakistani media that such a dossier was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the meeting with his Pakistani Yousuf Raza Gilani at Sharm-el Sheikh on the sidelines of the NAM Summit.
Balochistan`s reference in the joint statement issued after the meeting had evoked sharp reactions here. Pakistan has been accusing India of fomenting trouble in Balochistan, a charge it refutes.
BJP and several other political parties have slammed the Prime Minister for agreeing to the mention of Balochistan, saying government has yielded to Pakistan without thinking of its implications.
Singh had later explained that India has nothing to hide and did not see anything wrong with the reference in the joint statement which made a mention of Pakistan having raised the issue of Balochistan during the talks.
Qureshi also questioned the visit of Home Minister P Chidambaram to the US which is seen by Pakistan as an attempt to put pressure on it to take action against LeT found Hafiz Saeed, the mastermind behind the Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL