Pak: Balochistan sectarian attack kills 4 Shias
Islamabad: Four members of the minority Shia
Hazara community were killed and two other injured in a
sectarian attack in Pakistan`s southwestern Quetta city on Sunday,
Gunmen on two motorcycles fired indiscriminately at a
group of Hazara men who were standing outside a shop at Prince
Road in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, shortly
after 7.30 pm.
Four men were killed instantly, witnesses and police
The two injured persons were taken to a nearby hospital
in a serious condition.
The attackers fled before police cordoned off the area.
The shooting caused panic and shops closed down after the
Angry members of the Hazara community gathered outside
the hospital where the bodies and injured were taken and
demanded the arrest of the gunmen.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Dozens of members of the Hazara community have been
killed in sectarian attacks in Quetta and nearby areas.
These attacks have been blamed by Shia groups on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth