Pak: Balochistan sectarian attack kills 4 Shias
Islamabad: Four members of the minority Shia
Hazara community were killed and two other injured in a
sectarian attack in Pakistan`s southwestern Quetta city on Sunday,
Gunmen on two motorcycles fired indiscriminately at a
group of Hazara men who were standing outside a shop at Prince
Road in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, shortly
after 7.30 pm.
Four men were killed instantly, witnesses and police
The two injured persons were taken to a nearby hospital
in a serious condition.
The attackers fled before police cordoned off the area.
The shooting caused panic and shops closed down after the
Angry members of the Hazara community gathered outside
the hospital where the bodies and injured were taken and
demanded the arrest of the gunmen.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Dozens of members of the Hazara community have been
killed in sectarian attacks in Quetta and nearby areas.
These attacks have been blamed by Shia groups on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam