‘Pak-based terror groups plan to breach LoC’
Islamabad: Pakistan-based terror groups,
including Jamaat-ud-Dawah and United Jihad Council, are
threatening to mobilise people to breach the Line of Control
in support of the protests inside the Kashmir Valley.
In a move to replicate previous attempts by handful of
separatists which fizzled out, the militant groups are
mobilising people in PoK for the cross over. These groups are
seeking the backing of politico-religious parties like the
Jamaat-e-Islami and the local chapter of the main opposition
PML-N, the Express Tribune newspaper reported on Monday.
The illegal attempt to breach the LoC may have the
support of the so-called PoK government headed by Raja
Zulqarnain Khan, who, the paper said, has been contacting
mainstream political parties and the Pakistan government to
seek their support.
No date has been finalised for the move, it said.
The paper said that the militants and parties believe
Indian troops would not be able to confront tens of thousands
of people crossing the LoC en masse.
The report said the JuD and the local chapter of the
Jamaat-e-Islami are actively promoting the plan to bring one
million people to cross over as they believe Indian troops
will not fire on unarmed civilians who try to cross the LoC.
The paper quoted unnamed critics of the campaign as
saying that the possible participation of terror groups like
the Lashkar-e-Toiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed and Harkat-ul-Mujahideen
in any attempt to breach the LoC would hurt efforts to find a
peaceful resolution to the Kashmir issue.
Similar attempts to cross the LoC have been made in
the past, the key ones being in 1954, 1990, 1992, 1993 and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened