Pak: Bashir to travel to Kabul with special message
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir would travel to Afghanistan tomorrow with a "special message" for President Hamid Karzai, the government announced on Sunday.
Bashir will "reach Kabul tomorrow to deliver Prime Minister`s special message to Afghan President Hamid Karzai", said a statement issued by premier Yousuf Raza Gilani`s office.
It did not give details of the message.
The move comes ahead of a trilateral meeting of US, Afghan and Pakistani officials in Kabul next week to discuss peace and reconciliation in the war-torn country.
Bashir will lead the Pakistani delegation to those talks.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a larger role for itself in possible negotiations between the Afghan government and Taliban militants led by Mullah Omar to find a peaceful settlement as the US begins pulling its troops out of
Media reports have quoted Afghan officials as saying that Pakistan`s civilian and military leadership have urged President Karzai to allow China to play a larger role in Afghanistan after the drawdown of US troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says