Pak: Bashir to travel to Kabul with special message
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir would travel to Afghanistan tomorrow with a "special message" for President Hamid Karzai, the government announced on Sunday.
Bashir will "reach Kabul tomorrow to deliver Prime Minister`s special message to Afghan President Hamid Karzai", said a statement issued by premier Yousuf Raza Gilani`s office.
It did not give details of the message.
The move comes ahead of a trilateral meeting of US, Afghan and Pakistani officials in Kabul next week to discuss peace and reconciliation in the war-torn country.
Bashir will lead the Pakistani delegation to those talks.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a larger role for itself in possible negotiations between the Afghan government and Taliban militants led by Mullah Omar to find a peaceful settlement as the US begins pulling its troops out of
Media reports have quoted Afghan officials as saying that Pakistan`s civilian and military leadership have urged President Karzai to allow China to play a larger role in Afghanistan after the drawdown of US troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: Stranger forcefully kisses girl in public, no one comes to rescue - See reaction
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian