Pak: Bashir to travel to Kabul with special message
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir would travel to Afghanistan tomorrow with a "special message" for President Hamid Karzai, the government announced on Sunday.
Bashir will "reach Kabul tomorrow to deliver Prime Minister`s special message to Afghan President Hamid Karzai", said a statement issued by premier Yousuf Raza Gilani`s office.
It did not give details of the message.
The move comes ahead of a trilateral meeting of US, Afghan and Pakistani officials in Kabul next week to discuss peace and reconciliation in the war-torn country.
Bashir will lead the Pakistani delegation to those talks.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a larger role for itself in possible negotiations between the Afghan government and Taliban militants led by Mullah Omar to find a peaceful settlement as the US begins pulling its troops out of
Media reports have quoted Afghan officials as saying that Pakistan`s civilian and military leadership have urged President Karzai to allow China to play a larger role in Afghanistan after the drawdown of US troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police