Pak: Bashir to travel to Kabul with special message
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir would travel to Afghanistan tomorrow with a "special message" for President Hamid Karzai, the government announced on Sunday.
Bashir will "reach Kabul tomorrow to deliver Prime Minister`s special message to Afghan President Hamid Karzai", said a statement issued by premier Yousuf Raza Gilani`s office.
It did not give details of the message.
The move comes ahead of a trilateral meeting of US, Afghan and Pakistani officials in Kabul next week to discuss peace and reconciliation in the war-torn country.
Bashir will lead the Pakistani delegation to those talks.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a larger role for itself in possible negotiations between the Afghan government and Taliban militants led by Mullah Omar to find a peaceful settlement as the US begins pulling its troops out of
Media reports have quoted Afghan officials as saying that Pakistan`s civilian and military leadership have urged President Karzai to allow China to play a larger role in Afghanistan after the drawdown of US troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan