Pak bench adjourns it inquiry into official`s death till Feb 1
Islamabad: The judicial inquiry into the mysterious death of a Pakistani anti-graft officer, probing allegations against the premier, was today adjourned till February 1 after a prosecutor expressed his lack of confidence in the Supreme Court bench hearing the case.
K K Agha, the Prosecutor General for the National Accountability Bureau, said he had no confidence in the bench comprising Justices Jawad Khawaja and Khilji Arif Hussain, which was asked by the Chief Justice to probe the death of NAB investigator Kamran Faisal.
Khwaja asked Agha to submit his reservations in writing.
The bench said it might consider Agha`s contentions if they were found tenable.
The Prosecutor General requested for some time and the bench adjourned the hearing till February 1.
Attorney General Irfan Qadir told the bench that the government had already ordered an inquiry into Faisal’s death.
He submitted a letter which stated that a judicial commission had been set up to probe the matter.
The bench asked Qadir to submit the notification regarding the setting up of the commission.
Faisal, who was investigating allegations that Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf accepted bribes to clear power projects, was found hanging from a fan in his room at a government hostel in Islamabad on January 18.
His death came three days after the apex court directed NAB to arrest premier and other suspects in the power projects scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in