Pak bench adjourns it inquiry into official`s death till Feb 1
Islamabad: The judicial inquiry into the mysterious death of a Pakistani anti-graft officer, probing allegations against the premier, was today adjourned till February 1 after a prosecutor expressed his lack of confidence in the Supreme Court bench hearing the case.
K K Agha, the Prosecutor General for the National Accountability Bureau, said he had no confidence in the bench comprising Justices Jawad Khawaja and Khilji Arif Hussain, which was asked by the Chief Justice to probe the death of NAB investigator Kamran Faisal.
Khwaja asked Agha to submit his reservations in writing.
The bench said it might consider Agha`s contentions if they were found tenable.
The Prosecutor General requested for some time and the bench adjourned the hearing till February 1.
Attorney General Irfan Qadir told the bench that the government had already ordered an inquiry into Faisal’s death.
He submitted a letter which stated that a judicial commission had been set up to probe the matter.
The bench asked Qadir to submit the notification regarding the setting up of the commission.
Faisal, who was investigating allegations that Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf accepted bribes to clear power projects, was found hanging from a fan in his room at a government hostel in Islamabad on January 18.
His death came three days after the apex court directed NAB to arrest premier and other suspects in the power projects scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt