Pak blast hurts seven, including three cops
Islamabad: Seven persons, including three policemen, were injured when a police van was targeted with a roadside bomb near Nowshera in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control as the van was going from Nowshera to Mardan.
Four prisoners were being taken in the van to Mardan for an appearance in court.
Two policemen, who were seriously injured, were taken to a hospital in Mardan city. One policeman and four prisoners sustained minor injuries, officials said.
The prisoners were later taken to a jail in Risalpur city and locked up, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva