Pak blast hurts seven, including three cops
Islamabad: Seven persons, including three policemen, were injured when a police van was targeted with a roadside bomb near Nowshera in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control as the van was going from Nowshera to Mardan.
Four prisoners were being taken in the van to Mardan for an appearance in court.
Two policemen, who were seriously injured, were taken to a hospital in Mardan city. One policeman and four prisoners sustained minor injuries, officials said.
The prisoners were later taken to a jail in Risalpur city and locked up, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre