Pak blast hurts seven, including three cops
Islamabad: Seven persons, including three policemen, were injured when a police van was targeted with a roadside bomb near Nowshera in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control as the van was going from Nowshera to Mardan.
Four prisoners were being taken in the van to Mardan for an appearance in court.
Two policemen, who were seriously injured, were taken to a hospital in Mardan city. One policeman and four prisoners sustained minor injuries, officials said.
The prisoners were later taken to a jail in Risalpur city and locked up, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh