Pak blast hurts seven, including three cops
Islamabad: Seven persons, including three policemen, were injured when a police van was targeted with a roadside bomb near Nowshera in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The bomb was triggered by remote control as the van was going from Nowshera to Mardan.
Four prisoners were being taken in the van to Mardan for an appearance in court.
Two policemen, who were seriously injured, were taken to a hospital in Mardan city. One policeman and four prisoners sustained minor injuries, officials said.
The prisoners were later taken to a jail in Risalpur city and locked up, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!