Pak blast: Suicide bombers kill 50 tribesmen
Peshawar: In a warning to anti-Taliban
tribesmen, two suicide bombers disguised as policemen targeted
a gathering of tribesmen and pro-government elders killing at
least 50 people and injuring 120 others today in Pakistan`s
The first suicide bomber blew himself up outside the
office of an assistant political agent in Ghalanai, the
headquarters of Mohmand Agency.
Security personnel were attempting to capture the
second attacker at a gate when he detonated his suicide vest.
Fifty people were killed and 120 others injured, Mian
Iftikhar Hussain, Information Minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province, told reporters in Peshawar.
The bombers` suicide vests were filled with bullets,
which killed many people, officials said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack,
the latest in a string of terrorist assaults targeting members
of anti-militant `lashkars` backed by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia