Pak blast: Suicide bombers kill 50 tribesmen
Peshawar: In a warning to anti-Taliban
tribesmen, two suicide bombers disguised as policemen targeted
a gathering of tribesmen and pro-government elders killing at
least 50 people and injuring 120 others today in Pakistan`s
The first suicide bomber blew himself up outside the
office of an assistant political agent in Ghalanai, the
headquarters of Mohmand Agency.
Security personnel were attempting to capture the
second attacker at a gate when he detonated his suicide vest.
Fifty people were killed and 120 others injured, Mian
Iftikhar Hussain, Information Minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province, told reporters in Peshawar.
The bombers` suicide vests were filled with bullets,
which killed many people, officials said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack,
the latest in a string of terrorist assaults targeting members
of anti-militant `lashkars` backed by the government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?