Pak blast: Suicide bombers kill 50 tribesmen
Peshawar: In a warning to anti-Taliban
tribesmen, two suicide bombers disguised as policemen targeted
a gathering of tribesmen and pro-government elders killing at
least 50 people and injuring 120 others today in Pakistan`s
The first suicide bomber blew himself up outside the
office of an assistant political agent in Ghalanai, the
headquarters of Mohmand Agency.
Security personnel were attempting to capture the
second attacker at a gate when he detonated his suicide vest.
Fifty people were killed and 120 others injured, Mian
Iftikhar Hussain, Information Minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province, told reporters in Peshawar.
The bombers` suicide vests were filled with bullets,
which killed many people, officials said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack,
the latest in a string of terrorist assaults targeting members
of anti-militant `lashkars` backed by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested