Pak blast: Suicide bombers kill 50 tribesmen
Peshawar: In a warning to anti-Taliban
tribesmen, two suicide bombers disguised as policemen targeted
a gathering of tribesmen and pro-government elders killing at
least 50 people and injuring 120 others today in Pakistan`s
The first suicide bomber blew himself up outside the
office of an assistant political agent in Ghalanai, the
headquarters of Mohmand Agency.
Security personnel were attempting to capture the
second attacker at a gate when he detonated his suicide vest.
Fifty people were killed and 120 others injured, Mian
Iftikhar Hussain, Information Minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province, told reporters in Peshawar.
The bombers` suicide vests were filled with bullets,
which killed many people, officials said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack,
the latest in a string of terrorist assaults targeting members
of anti-militant `lashkars` backed by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Good news! Airtel cuts 4G price by up to 80% to check R Jio effect
- Bulandshahr rape case: No CBI probe, says Supreme Court
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award