Pak: Blast targets Air Force van, ten killed
Islamabad: At least 10 people were killed and 22 others injured when a Pakistan Air Force van was targeted with a car bomb on the outskirts of Peshawar city in the country`s restive northweston Wednesdasy, officials said.
The PAF van was headed for the local airbase when explosives planted in a car were triggered by remote control in Badabher area, police officials said.
The powerful blast also hit a crowded bus that was passing the area.
Ten people were killed instantly, police officials told reporters.
It could not immediately be ascertained if any PAF personnel were among the dead.
Officials at the Lady Reading Hospital said they had received 22 injured people, including three children and three women, and seven bodies.
Local residents rushed the injured and bodies to the hospital in private vehicles.
Police officials said no senior PAF officers were in the van, which was carrying low ranking personnel.
Witnesses said the van was packed at the time of the blast and it had no security escort.
Footage on television showed that the PAF van was destroyed while the bus extensively damaged.
All windows of both vehicles were blown out.
The explosion also damaged 10 shops.
Police officials estimated over 100 kg of explosives were used in the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing though such incidents are usually blamed on the Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway