Pak: Bomb blast during funeral kills two
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering offering funeral prayers for a tribesman in the restive South Waziristan region of Pakistan on Tuesday, killing two men and injuring three more, officials said.
A large number of tribesmen had gathered for the funeral prayers at Shakai Road when the remote-controlled bomb exploded.
Two men were killed instantly while the injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive