Pak: Bomb blast during funeral kills two
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering offering funeral prayers for a tribesman in the restive South Waziristan region of Pakistan on Tuesday, killing two men and injuring three more, officials said.
A large number of tribesmen had gathered for the funeral prayers at Shakai Road when the remote-controlled bomb exploded.
Two men were killed instantly while the injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars