Pak: Bomb blast during funeral kills two
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering offering funeral prayers for a tribesman in the restive South Waziristan region of Pakistan on Tuesday, killing two men and injuring three more, officials said.
A large number of tribesmen had gathered for the funeral prayers at Shakai Road when the remote-controlled bomb exploded.
Two men were killed instantly while the injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan