Pak: Bomb blast during funeral kills two
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering offering funeral prayers for a tribesman in the restive South Waziristan region of Pakistan on Tuesday, killing two men and injuring three more, officials said.
A large number of tribesmen had gathered for the funeral prayers at Shakai Road when the remote-controlled bomb exploded.
Two men were killed instantly while the injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses