Pak: Bomb blast during funeral kills two
Islamabad: A bomb blast ripped through a gathering offering funeral prayers for a tribesman in the restive South Waziristan region of Pakistan on Tuesday, killing two men and injuring three more, officials said.
A large number of tribesmen had gathered for the funeral prayers at Shakai Road when the remote-controlled bomb exploded.
Two men were killed instantly while the injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster