Pak boy kills his parents and himself over possible divorce
Islamabad: Upset by the news that that his
folks were getting divorced, a nine-year-old primary school
student in Pakistan`s Rohela Wali city allegedly killed his
parents before committing suicide, a media report said on Tuesday.
According to police officials, Busti Beet Wala
resident Saif Sultan`s father Saleem and his mother Parveen
had recently told him that they were going to get a divorce.
Neighbours told the police that the young boy was
extremely depressed about the situation and had fought with
his parents for the past two days, the `Express Tribune`
Yesterday, Saif allegedly poisoned his parents by
putting liquid cleaner in their drink. The boy later drank
acid himself and died.
Neighbours brought the family to the local hospital and
doctors said that all three people were dead on arrival.
"They have all definitely been poisoned but we are
conducting autopsies to confirm what happened," said attending
physician Dr Bilal. Police officials have registered the case
and are investigating the incident.
"It is a very shocking case but it seems as if the boy
was responsible for the incident," said police officer Naeem
Qadri was quoted as saying.
"We have been collecting evidence and conducting an
investigation but neighbours and other family members said
that the boy was extremely upset and had stopped speaking to
anyone," Qadri said.
Police said that they were waiting on a conclusive
autopsy report to know what really happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre