Pak breaks India`s record of singing national anthem
Lahore: Pakistan set a new world record after around 70,000 people from the Punjab province sung the national anthem simultaneously. The previous record was held by India where 15, 243 people had simultaneously sung the national anthem.
Gareth Daeves and Imran Javed of the Guinness World Records (GWR) judged the event. "It is a very important day for the people of Pakistan, especially Punjab as a big audience has gathered here to create new records in many events, including singing of national anthem and creation of Pakistan flag by the audience present in the arena," the Daily Times quoted Deaves, as saying.
Participants of the Punjab Youth and Sports Festival will also attempt to form the world`s largest human flag on Monday. Chief organiser of the event, Rana Mashood said that as many as 40 international teams are participating in the youth festival.
"They are ready to break various records to prove that there is no dearth of talent in Pakistan. We want to show the world that Pakistan is a safe country for holding all kind of international sporting events," he said. "The participation of more than 40 international teams, including India, is proof of the festival`s success.
Around 4.5 million youth are actively participating in the international event," Mashood added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy