Pak breaks India`s record of singing national anthem
Lahore: Pakistan set a new world record after around 70,000 people from the Punjab province sung the national anthem simultaneously. The previous record was held by India where 15, 243 people had simultaneously sung the national anthem.
Gareth Daeves and Imran Javed of the Guinness World Records (GWR) judged the event. "It is a very important day for the people of Pakistan, especially Punjab as a big audience has gathered here to create new records in many events, including singing of national anthem and creation of Pakistan flag by the audience present in the arena," the Daily Times quoted Deaves, as saying.
Participants of the Punjab Youth and Sports Festival will also attempt to form the world`s largest human flag on Monday. Chief organiser of the event, Rana Mashood said that as many as 40 international teams are participating in the youth festival.
"They are ready to break various records to prove that there is no dearth of talent in Pakistan. We want to show the world that Pakistan is a safe country for holding all kind of international sporting events," he said. "The participation of more than 40 international teams, including India, is proof of the festival`s success.
Around 4.5 million youth are actively participating in the international event," Mashood added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan