Pak breaks India`s record of singing national anthem
Lahore: Pakistan set a new world record after around 70,000 people from the Punjab province sung the national anthem simultaneously. The previous record was held by India where 15, 243 people had simultaneously sung the national anthem.
Gareth Daeves and Imran Javed of the Guinness World Records (GWR) judged the event. "It is a very important day for the people of Pakistan, especially Punjab as a big audience has gathered here to create new records in many events, including singing of national anthem and creation of Pakistan flag by the audience present in the arena," the Daily Times quoted Deaves, as saying.
Participants of the Punjab Youth and Sports Festival will also attempt to form the world`s largest human flag on Monday. Chief organiser of the event, Rana Mashood said that as many as 40 international teams are participating in the youth festival.
"They are ready to break various records to prove that there is no dearth of talent in Pakistan. We want to show the world that Pakistan is a safe country for holding all kind of international sporting events," he said. "The participation of more than 40 international teams, including India, is proof of the festival`s success.
Around 4.5 million youth are actively participating in the international event," Mashood added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi