Pak: Brothel owner granted bail, told to attend mosque daily
Islamabad: A court in Pakistan`s restive northwest has granted bail to a brothel owner on the condition that she will spend an hour a day at a mosque for a month to repent for her sins.
Peshawar High Court Chief Justice Dost Muhammad Khan accepted the bail application of brothel owner Neelam yesterday.
The judge said Neelam must visit the Imam of Zarghuni mosque in Hayatabad area of Peshawar every day for a month.
The judge also accepted the bail applications of four women who were arrested during a police raid on Neelam`s brothel last month.
The judge directed all the women to pay a fine of Rs 50,000 each with two reliable sureties, The Express Tribune reported.
According to a complaint registered by police on September 6, the raid was carried out after police officials received information that a house in Hayatabad was being run as a brothel.
The arrested women had filed an application for bail in a lower court on September 14. However, Additional District and Sessions Judge Asad Hameed Bangash rejected the bail pleas.
Acting on information provided by Neelam, the High Court had sent police to another alleged brothel run by a man and his wife.
However, the man`s daughter denied the charges and said Neelam was a domestic help at their house and had escaped after robbing them.
The High Court had accepted the bail pleas of the man and his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31