Pak: Brothel owner granted bail, told to attend mosque daily
Islamabad: A court in Pakistan`s restive northwest has granted bail to a brothel owner on the condition that she will spend an hour a day at a mosque for a month to repent for her sins.
Peshawar High Court Chief Justice Dost Muhammad Khan accepted the bail application of brothel owner Neelam yesterday.
The judge said Neelam must visit the Imam of Zarghuni mosque in Hayatabad area of Peshawar every day for a month.
The judge also accepted the bail applications of four women who were arrested during a police raid on Neelam`s brothel last month.
The judge directed all the women to pay a fine of Rs 50,000 each with two reliable sureties, The Express Tribune reported.
According to a complaint registered by police on September 6, the raid was carried out after police officials received information that a house in Hayatabad was being run as a brothel.
The arrested women had filed an application for bail in a lower court on September 14. However, Additional District and Sessions Judge Asad Hameed Bangash rejected the bail pleas.
Acting on information provided by Neelam, the High Court had sent police to another alleged brothel run by a man and his wife.
However, the man`s daughter denied the charges and said Neelam was a domestic help at their house and had escaped after robbing them.
The High Court had accepted the bail pleas of the man and his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Goa suspends bus services to Karnataka over river dispute
- West Indies vs India: Uncapped Alzarri Joseph to join Jason Holder & Co for 2nd Test
- Assad offers amnesty to Syria rebels who surrender
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Bihar court orders FIR against Mayawati, other BSP leaders over inflammatory speeches