Pak bus crash kills 19
Islamabad: At least 19 people, including women and children, died when a mini-bus in a wedding procession plunged into a canal in northwest Pakistan on Friday, officials said.
The wedding procession was on its way to Charsadda town in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province when the vehicle fell into the canal at Chargano Killey.
The canal was swollen following heavy rains and several people were swept away.
Rescue teams retrieved 19 bodies from the canal and took eight injured persons to Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar.
Officials described the condition of some of the injured as critical.
Five women were among the dead.
Police official Javed Khan told the media that 35 people were in the mini-bus.
Some passengers were missing and rescue teams were looking for them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report