Pak capable of shooting down US drones: AQ Khan
Islamabad: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said Pakistan has the capability to shoot down unmanned surveillance drone aircrafts, adding that the country is facing internal threats rather than external.
He said they had built missiles in Kahuta some 15 years ago which have the capability to shoot down drone aircraft, reports The Nation.
"Pakistan`s defence looks very impenetrable externally, but it is internally vulnerable due to the internal situation of the country. We had planned that the nation would focus on progress, education and industrial advancement but rulers have plundered the public property for many years," Dr Khan was quoted, as saying.
"Even after having nuclear capability, it is a wrong perception that we cannot take action against the United States, England or France because we have accumulated nuclear system against India," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living