Pak capable of shooting down US drones: AQ Khan
Islamabad: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said Pakistan has the capability to shoot down unmanned surveillance drone aircrafts, adding that the country is facing internal threats rather than external.
He said they had built missiles in Kahuta some 15 years ago which have the capability to shoot down drone aircraft, reports The Nation.
"Pakistan`s defence looks very impenetrable externally, but it is internally vulnerable due to the internal situation of the country. We had planned that the nation would focus on progress, education and industrial advancement but rulers have plundered the public property for many years," Dr Khan was quoted, as saying.
"Even after having nuclear capability, it is a wrong perception that we cannot take action against the United States, England or France because we have accumulated nuclear system against India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'