Pak capable of shooting down US drones: AQ Khan
Islamabad: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said Pakistan has the capability to shoot down unmanned surveillance drone aircrafts, adding that the country is facing internal threats rather than external.
He said they had built missiles in Kahuta some 15 years ago which have the capability to shoot down drone aircraft, reports The Nation.
"Pakistan`s defence looks very impenetrable externally, but it is internally vulnerable due to the internal situation of the country. We had planned that the nation would focus on progress, education and industrial advancement but rulers have plundered the public property for many years," Dr Khan was quoted, as saying.
"Even after having nuclear capability, it is a wrong perception that we cannot take action against the United States, England or France because we have accumulated nuclear system against India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof