Pak capable of shooting down US drones: AQ Khan
Islamabad: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said Pakistan has the capability to shoot down unmanned surveillance drone aircrafts, adding that the country is facing internal threats rather than external.
He said they had built missiles in Kahuta some 15 years ago which have the capability to shoot down drone aircraft, reports The Nation.
"Pakistan`s defence looks very impenetrable externally, but it is internally vulnerable due to the internal situation of the country. We had planned that the nation would focus on progress, education and industrial advancement but rulers have plundered the public property for many years," Dr Khan was quoted, as saying.
"Even after having nuclear capability, it is a wrong perception that we cannot take action against the United States, England or France because we have accumulated nuclear system against India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack