Pak carrying out investigation over Pathankot attack swiftly: Nawaz to US
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have told the United States that Islamabad was swiftly carrying out investigation over the Pathankot terror incident in a transparent manner and would bring out the truth, reported Radio Pakistan on Sunday.
He also assured the US that Islamabad would not allow anyone to use its soil to conduct terror operations abroad.
"Pakistan is fighting against terrorism, and will not allow anyone to use its soil to conduct terror operations abroad," said the Prime Minister.
During a telephonic conversation with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Prime Sharif said all state institutions are fully committed to eliminate terrorism.
Kerry said the U.S. applauds Prime Minister Sharif's leadership role in the Indo-Pak ties, and hoped that the talks between Islamabad and New Delhi would continue as dialogue is needed for regional stability.
Sartaj Aziz, Advisor to the Pakistan Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, on Saturday said the schedule of talks between foreign secretaries of Pakistan and India is still intact.
Responding to questions by reporters in Lahore, he said the two countries had agreed to hold talks on January 15.
So far, he said, India has neither confirmed nor cancelled the scheduled meeting.
To another question, he said Pakistan wants reduction of tension between Saudi Arabia and Iran as terrorists and other forces can exploit their differences.
He said Pakistan would play an active role for defusing the tension. "All the Muslim countries need to play positive roles in this regard."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next