Pak carrying out investigation over Pathankot attack swiftly: Nawaz to US
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have told the United States that Islamabad was swiftly carrying out investigation over the Pathankot terror incident in a transparent manner and would bring out the truth, reported Radio Pakistan on Sunday.
He also assured the US that Islamabad would not allow anyone to use its soil to conduct terror operations abroad.
"Pakistan is fighting against terrorism, and will not allow anyone to use its soil to conduct terror operations abroad," said the Prime Minister.
During a telephonic conversation with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Prime Sharif said all state institutions are fully committed to eliminate terrorism.
Kerry said the U.S. applauds Prime Minister Sharif's leadership role in the Indo-Pak ties, and hoped that the talks between Islamabad and New Delhi would continue as dialogue is needed for regional stability.
Sartaj Aziz, Advisor to the Pakistan Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, on Saturday said the schedule of talks between foreign secretaries of Pakistan and India is still intact.
Responding to questions by reporters in Lahore, he said the two countries had agreed to hold talks on January 15.
So far, he said, India has neither confirmed nor cancelled the scheduled meeting.
To another question, he said Pakistan wants reduction of tension between Saudi Arabia and Iran as terrorists and other forces can exploit their differences.
He said Pakistan would play an active role for defusing the tension. "All the Muslim countries need to play positive roles in this regard."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing